Monday, August 16, 2010

A servants heart in a tired body!

August 16th, 2010

Weight: 155
Food: protein shake, egg whites, green peppers, sausage, bagel thin, taco salad, baked pork tenderloin, whole wheat pita tuna melt.

Dear Bloggitybligblog,

I am so excited to write again with good news my friends. All my hard work and sacrifice is paying off. I had a great weigh in after dropping almost 2 lbs last week. I also had great measurements for the last month reflecting another almost 2 inches off my body. It has been getting so hard and discouraging the last 2 weeks. It's hard when you are working out 6 times a week, not drinking what you want, not eating what you want and to not see results. But Chasity changed my diet around a little bit and BAM I am seeing some great results now and I don't feel so boxed in. Still lots of lean protein, fruits and veggies. But also adding in more dairy and necessary fats which has helped me push through this last week. So the weight loss program is going great for my physical health and my mental health. I can't wait to get my dress in and see how everything looks! :) YIPPEE!

On another note, this blog is not just about my weight loss and health journey, it's about my journey into being a wife and a stepmom. And let me tell you that is a learning journey everyday of my life. Being a wife is going to be hard work. I always thought a lot of this would just come naturally for me because I am a nurturer and I want to serve the people that I love, basically I love to take care of people. And that is true, that part comes pretty naturally to me and is the easy part. It is hard to not get discouraged and resentfull of all of these "woman chores" I feel like are constantly my responsability all the time. I will stop here and say Adam is an extremely helpful partener, I truly couldn't ask for more. My issue with this topic does not come from frustration necessarily ( i mean he's a man, he is not perfect ;) ) it is with the stereotypical society based expectations on women. The "chores" i consider are my "chores" are laundry, cleaning, cooking, child care and grocery shopping. Now "chores" I would consider are adam's are yard work, vehicle and house maintainence and taking out the trash. Now I don't know about you but my car doesn't break down everyday nor does my house. However, dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning and child care happen on an almost daily basis. I feel overwhelmed with it all sometimes. With 4 people's cooking, dishes and laundry to do WHO HAS TIME FOR ANYTHING ELSE. So I look to God for peace and strength here. I look for him to give me a servants heart so that I can do the things happily to meet the needs of my husband and children. I don't always do such a good job of having a happy heart, but I am a work in progress here people ;)

More on all that later.

I am encouraging everyone to pray for their servants heart this week. To see how you can serve your family and those around you with a happy heart. I would also love to encourage you to get out in this beautiful weather and get some exercise, it's amazing how much bettter you feel. Just for your sanity and happiness do something for you everyday this week. Hang in there, and let me know if you need a workout buddy!

Much love-

Bridemomma

1 comment: