Monday, June 21, 2010

This is expensive!!!

June 21st, 2010

Weight:158
Work out: 1 hour session with Chasity, 30 minutes on Stair master (almost died)
Breakfast: Protein Shake, Whole Wheat Bagel Thin
Snack: green beans, whole wheat wheat thins, hummous
Lunch: whole wheat pita stuffed with steak strips (dinner left over) salad and sun dried tomato dressing, 30 calorie weight watcher treat
Snack: greek strawberry yogurt
Dinner: Taco Salad (meat, black beans, plain greek yogurt, salsa, corn, avocado)
Water: 60oz/96oz

Dear Bloggage :)
Starting off on a good note but i've already run into some challenges. I went shopping lastnight after reviewing my Eat Clean Cookbook. The Eat Clean idea is something that I think in theory is great. It really is the way to go for a lifestyle change that can last forever. HOWEVER, it is expensive and hard to find a lot of the ingredients in your local grocery store. And seriously who has time to go anywhere but Price Chopper, HyVee or Walmart. I mean if it's not there, it's not going home with me! :) Which lead me to think, no wonder our society's obesity rates are so high, it's pricey to live like this! Below are recent obesity rates for the US right now:

USA Obesity Rates Reach Epidemic Proportions
58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
Eight out of 10 over 25's Overweight
78% of American's not meeting basic activity level recommendations
25% completely Sedentary
76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults 30-40 yrs old since 1990

But here is an estimate of what i've spent so far on this venture:
$320.00 Gym/work out fees
$100 on healthy food for the week (ass opposed to a usual $50-75)
$60 on protein shake, omega vitamins, and multivitamin
Not to mention clothes and tennis shoes appropriate for a butt kicking workout!

I am already inspired to continue to research this topic and see how we can help our lower class adults and children eat healthy and stay fit. The center for disease control has a lot of information regarding the comparison of income and obesity rates. Check it out!

On another note, my workout kicked my butt this morning. It was a little embarassing working out with someone watching my every move! What if I farted!!!! I'm so used to working out with friends that i'm just not used to that sort of one-on-one attention during my workouts. Hopefully I will get over that soon so I can enjoy the ass-kicking Chasity gives me!

Alright friends that's enough for today! Get out there and do something active tonight, go on a walk together, put the baby in the jogging stroller and run down to the park! More soon.

Chrystan
Bridemomma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment