Monday, July 12, 2010

Saying NO!

July 12, 2010

Weight-156
Food- protein shake, fiber one cereal, bagel thin/turkey sandwhich, whole wheat wheat thins, hummus
Water- 60oz
Workout- 1 hour power lifting with trainer
Inches- Measured today and basically 1" smaller everywhere
Body Fat %- Has gone down 2%! That's awesomeness! I also gained 2LBS of muscle in 4 weeks! Yippee!

Dear Bloggalog,
What a crazy weekend I had my friends. We had a birthday party friday night and saturday night. Tanner had a very long and drawn out tennis tournament both days. We registered at Macy's. After my four hour drive to pick up Cohen Sunday I went straight to my parents house for their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. WOW! It was just too much stuff for such a small amount of time! We vowed lastnight in bed to not do that again, we are just killing ourselves every weekend to get to everything. It is time for us to start saying no, which is really hard because we are very social people, we like to be out doing stuff with our friends. Unfourtunately that has gotten us to a point this summer that we can't even remember having a date just the two of us in months! That is way too long! When I started this process of recentering my life and getting healthy on all levels I mentioned how I felt like I didn't have time to take care of myself. I am realizing now that that is at least 50% my fault. I can't say no. Even if it totally over books me, frazzles me, replaces my workout, makes me unhealthy, and on and on. Luckily Adam and I recognized this problem and are both determined to do a better job at allowing time for ourselves, our family and each other. How are you my friend? Are you allowing time for yourself? Are you overbooking your family? Do you have down time? What about time to meditate and pray? Keep striving to make time for yourself and special down time for your family. I am, and I am hoping it will create a better me!

Much Love,
Bridemomma

1 comment:

  1. I always have to tell myself....commit to less things and do them well rather than many things and do them crappy.

    ReplyDelete