Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You are not alone!

July 14, 2010
Weight-156
Food- Fiber One Raisin Bran, Protein Shake, mixed veggies and chicken, almonds, spinach stuffed chicken and cuscous, Yoplait fat free 100 calorie cinnamon roll yogurt.
Workout- 1 hour weight training, 15 min sprint intervals

Dear Blogginstein,
I am now a week into no desserts of any kind. WOW not so easy at times. I love dessert, it's my favorite meal of the day!!! I mean im not saying I eat chocolate cake everyday after every meal. It's just that I always want that something sweet after lunch and dinner, ok ok and sometimes breakfast ;). Just an m&m here and there right? Well, I am giving that up for a while to see if it helps move that scale. So no sweets and no alcohol. Which i've decided is going to turn me into a drug addict just to make it through the week ;). Hard stuff. I did pretty good this weekend without the sweets with 2 birthday cakes to stare at and a 25th anniversary cake (that I picked out) to refuse as well. But I need to learn to practice some will power every once in a while. Adam wanted to stop at Sonic tonight to get a sundae for him and Cohen which caused a little bit of resentment to well up in me. It's hard to be the only one in your house that is eating healthy and working out. It really makes it harder to make those good decisions when you have ice cream with hot fudge staring you in the face, or a cupboard with Doritos in it, or a Taco Bell that calls your name at lunch everyday. I will tell you though, if I can do it, you can do it! Watching Adam and Cohen eat their ice cream tonight was pretty painful, but so was looking at my Engagement pictures and crying because of how fat I looked. So I put some 100 calorie fat free yogurt in the freezer and enjoyed it as a treat after Cohen went to bed. If you are reading this discouraged at all the mountains you have to face daily even just opening your pantry, know that you aren't alone. Even if you are the only one in your house fighting the battle of the buldge, you are not alone. You aren't alone because you have me! I'm fighting it too, and if you need support or accountability let me know because I can always use some too. Fight that fight girls! Be a good example to your children, family and friends. Just start with a small change and then add to it everyday. Get out and get some excercise tomorrow! Let me know if I can help!

Much Love,
Bridemomma

No comments:

Post a Comment